Ricardo Reséndiz Wong
Phone: 011 (52) 55 5678 5100
Ricardo Reséndiz W., founding partner of RWA, is an attorney born in Mexico City with more than twenty-five years of experience advising and representing foreign companies and clients in complex corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations, contract negotiation, shares and asset purchases, real estate, corporate taxation, immigration, Industrial Property, energy and employment law.
Mr. Resendiz’ primary target is to help U.S., European, Canadian and foreign clients reach their business goals in Mexico, all in accordance with the Mexican legal framework. Mr. Resendiz is a responsive bicultural attorney that provides straight-forward and accurate legal advice and solutions for client’s best interest. Thanks to his performance as business lawyer and expert in foreign investment, Mr. Reséndiz is recognized by the Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Washington and Illinois Trade Offices in Mexico and has lectured at the U.S. Department of Commerce in Mexico City and collaborates with media networks such as CNN and multiple law magazines and specialized journals rendering legal opinions on different topics of corporate and business law
- J.D., Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
With Honors (1991-1994)
- Post-graduate Diploma, Escuela Libre de Derecho law school (Commercial Arbitration 1996)
- Post-graduate Diploma, International Chamber of Commerce ICC (Letters of Credit 1996)
- Post-graduate Diploma, Universidad Iberoamericana law school (Corporate Law 1997)
- Post-graduate Diploma, Universidad Panamericana law school (Tax Law 1998)
- Post-graduate Diploma, Universidad Panamericana law school (International Finance Law 1999)
- Masters in Tax Law, Universidad Panamericana law school (2000)
Representative Legal Matters
- Incorporated in Mexico over a 100 subsidiaries of U.S., Canadian and European companies during the last 10 years under different corporate structures, avoiding typical bureaucracy holdbacks to allow immediate operation.
- Advised major IT companies for the transfer of shares and assets in Mexico City, watching closely tax, compliance and corporate angles.
- Advised the largest engineering conglomerate in Europe on the legal framework for nuclear energy in Mexico.
- Advised one of the largest real estate developers of Spain on the steps to do business in Mexico, incorporating two subsidiaries and conducted the acquisition of a 50 million-dollar property in northern Mexico.
- Advised global port developer and operator in connection with a joint venture and related equity